Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Too Busy

I've been so busy on the routes that I still haven't made it by BNF. Fortunately, HEB has had kombucha the past two mornings to get me through my morning addiction(at over 50 cents more a bottle-yikes). I even thanked the Nature's Harvest manager. He just smiled, knowing that he hadn't done anything, but could at present take credit anyway.
I have managed to water all of my new plantings, so I still have high hopes of broccoli, tomatoes, cucumbers, garlic chives and oregano. The kumquats are beginning to turn orange ever so slightly, so it won't be too much longer. I still need to get more planting done, even as I wait for a CSA share from Long Bean farm, which should be end of this month.
I need to get to the Cathy's farm for milk, which is more difficult because Cathy now has a part-time job as a computer programmer at a print shop. I think that working will do her a world of good, but I miss being able to call her early to decipher her plans for the afternoon. Well, as long as I can take care of it before I have to buy milk from the store--*yuck*, it should be alright. Perhaps I could get a little extra to make some cheese.

No comments: