Sunday, September 7, 2008

Fall Garden

I decided that I wanted a small fall garden, rain willing, it may survive. I bought plants--some broccoli, tomatoes and what I think are cucumbers(canteloupe plants look pretty similar and it had no tag). I added some oregano and garlic chives to my rosemary for herbs. I recently bought a kumquat tree(seedless, which may work better when it comes to eating the little buggers) and I have a peach tree that needs to get into the ground before winter. All of my trees need some mulch to keep the mower from getting too close.
I want some pansies up front in my almost completely dried up flower bed, plus some strawberries to plant soon so I will have strawberries this Spring. I need some snow peas and peas, lettuce and spinach to round everything off. Hopefully I can refrain from killing everything this season. Fall is usually pretty good for me. I'll check my seed stash and see what I can come up with, perhaps there is some inspiration in there somewhere. Something so simple as a seed that grows into something so great may be enough to inspire me.

No comments: