Thursday, November 13, 2008

Update

I'm not sure if I can keep everything alive...I have a bit of a pest problem in the garden. The tomatoes, spinach, lettuce, carrots, herbs, snow peas, snap peas, beets, radishes, garlic, etc. seem fine, but all of the cruciferous vegetables are hit pretty badly. I may try some conventional stuff to kill the worms or perhaps some pyrethum(sp?). Vicky had beautiful broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage--so I know it must be possible. My broccoli starts in the greenhouse are not affected. I may keep them in there. The kumquats are ripening, I have tomatoes forming in the greenhouse and in the garden. I bought a frost blanket to try to keep them going in case of frost. The lettuce needs a replant, as does the spinach to keep it going. I may start over with some of the plants...the cabbage at least because the leafing is compromised. Anyway, I guess that is what happens when you work more than fulltime and try to keep a garden...but it is in my heart to continue in spite of this set-back.

No comments: